In 2006, Sodian Group entered the business field of using high-pressure water blasting to strip penstocks which are subjected to water exposure (e.g., pressure pipes and tanks).
Steel surfaces exposed to water (pressure lines) must be protected from corrosion every 40 to 50 years. In the past, this often meant using paints containing hazardous substances such as asbestos, PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls), PCP (pentachlorophenol) or PAHs (polycyclic hydrocarbons).
A proprietary method specially developed by Sodian Group ensures that surface layers and any primers down to the underlying steel surface are completely removed in a single pass without any residues.
We are looking back at many successful projects using this process: References
The recycled water and any solids (rust, primer and top coats) are delivered into a mobile water-treatment plant, where process water and solids are continually separated using a multi-chamber filter system and pelletisation device. The liquid content of the pellets is very low.
This method is not just revolutionary in ecological terms – stripping automatically by using specially developed robots keeps our employees safe, since no manual labour is carried out in the pipe.
- Environmental impact significantly reduced
- Reduction in safety measures and associated costs
- Significantly lower disposal costs due to highly concentrated waste
- Reduced working time
- Shorter operational stoppages
- Minimised economic disadvantages
- Work performed under consideration of SHE (safety, health and environmental protection)
4 coating removal robots
- Diameters from 80cm/30inch up to 6m/20feet
- WLAN control system
- Transmition of all relavant data to a single point of control
- Special jet nozzles to remove all kinds of coatings
- Pressure up to 2800bar at the nozzles
30 aggregates up to 1600bar
20 aggregates up to 3000bar
This process is applied in the following applications
Reference projects regarding the process Penstock Stripping:
Red lead priming coat