The advantage of removing concrete with high-pressure water jets is that surfaces are treated gently and without vibrations, which prevents stress cracks. At the same time, the reinforcement is cleaned directly by the water jet and prepared for further processing steps.
Damaged concrete is partially removed with a water jet at up to 3000bar and 400 litres per minute; this is done by special removal robots, or manually by way of hand lances.
We can provide the right equipment for every job: be it on bridge decks, pillars, the lower ceiling, tunnels or different types of parking lots.
- No secondary damage, such as new microcracks
- High-pressure water blasting is vibration-free, which prevents stress cracks and structure-borne noise
- The remaining surface is rough, and ideal for good adhesion of new concrete
- Worn concrete is particularly removed due to its diminished compressive strength. This permits selective removal
- Full preservation of existing reinforcement
- Effective cleaning of corroded reinforcing steel
- High-pressure water blaster dissolves chloride
- Improved adhesive properties
- hydrostatic propulsion
- 2 high-pressure pumps with up to 2400bar
- Fresh water tank with 10.000 litres in capacity
- Suction tank with 10.000 litres in capacity
- can be hydraulically tilted
15 hydro demolition robots
- working width up to 230cm
- over head
- special robots for tunnel vaults up to 6m in height
30 aggregates up to 1600bar
20 aggregates up to 3000bar
This process is applied in the following applications
Reference projects regarding the process Concrete Removal:
Bridge highway A2
Bridge renovation of a steel bridge near Graz, Austria
Car park Zürich
Totaly renovation of the parking lot P1 of the airport Zurich.
Concrete removal on all 8 decks with the use of multiple robots and lances simultaneously.
Underground car park Pfauengarten Graz
Renovation of an underground car park
Cement plant Gmunden
Concrete renovation at cement plant Gmunden
Wind generator Stanz
Conncrete repair the at foundation of the wind generator park Stanz
Power plant Hallein
Renovation of the power plant Hallein
Power plant Alzkanal
Renovation of the power plant Alzkanal.
Cleaning of the inlet and concrete removal of damaged spots
Bridge Berg Isel
Concrete removal of damaged spots during a bridge renovation.
Surface preparation for a new driving pad.
Bridge Schwarzl A9
Renovation of a bridge on the highway A9.
Soffit is done by a robot and finalized by hand.
Concrete removal during a bridge renovation.
Bridge Auental A2
Renovation of the bridge "Auental" on highway A2.
Removal of the concrete and establishing slits in order to insert a cathodic protection system.
Concrete repair and cleaning of surface for the next process steps
Rail tunnel Jenbach
Renovation of a rail tunnel.
Vertical concrete removal
Power plant Mount Coffee
Concrete renovation of the water power plant Mount Coffee in Liberia.
Concrete repair at the generator, spillway and draft tube.
Power plant Enns
Renovation of the power plant Enns
Voest coke delivery system
Renovation of the coke delivery system at Voest Linz
Underground car park Ulm
Renovation of an underground car park.
Complete concrete removal and cleaning of the reinforcement.
Tunnel S10 Freistadt
Concrete repair of damaged spots and surface preparation for a new sealing
Tunnel Köln Grenzstraße
Concrete repair at damaged spots and surface preparation for a new coating